from Business Insider http://ift.tt/1OZ3GKi
An Illinois high school just had its football field destroyed by accident.
Workers had apparently grabbed the wrong bottle when mixing chemicals to spread on the field at St. Edward’s High School in Elgin, Illinois.
Unfortunately for them, that wrong bottle was filled with weed killer and not fertilizer.
"The company we have for maintaining our field mistakenly put down a weed killer instead of a fertilizer and a portion of the grass on the field is dead," athletic director P.J. White told the Chicago Tribune. "It doesn’t look great but there is grass there. We’re certainly not going to win any grass beauty pageants or anything."
The mistake — which took place prior to a Sept. 4 game — could lead to the school having to play its home games elsewhere. About two-thirds of the field is dead.
"It was an honest mistake made in the mixing of chemicals for the field and they feel terrible about it," White said.
- Thousands declare solidarity with the teen who was arrested for bringing a homemade clock to school
- A 14-year-old Texas student was arrested at school for building a clock
- A federal appeals court weighed in on a fight between high school cheerleaders